Working for The Associated can be a transformative experience.
We offer career opportunities that elevate work into mission. Browse our openings and find not only a job, but a calling.
Jump to a particular industry: Administrative | Community Planning and Outreach | Development | Executive Management | Finance | Marketing | Operations | Senior Services
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is seeking an individual with excellent customer service to fill an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Department. The individual will serve as the initial point of contact for a variety of events and meetings; write minutes from meetings and manage correspondences; schedule meetings among various executives; create and manipulate spreadsheets and mail merges; and other administrative duties as assigned.
Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is a must. Qualified candidates must have at least 2 years of experience working as an Assistant on an Executive level and be extremely customer-service oriented. All candidates must have strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and database management. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Apply online today.
Office, Facilities and Shop Manager
The Jewish Museum of Maryland, America’s leading museum of regional Jewish history, culture, and community is currently seeking an Office, Facilities and Shop Manager to support the organization’s operations and maintain the museum shop appearance. The individual in this position will be responsible for:
- Organizing the office and store operations
- Monitoring correspondences with outside agencies, especially the Board of Trustee and shop vendors
- Helping to maintain an attractive shop appearance, as well as, assisting and supporting volunteers and staff with the shop while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Providing clerical and administrative support
- Working closely with Associate Director on store inventory as well as the Visitor Services Coordinator to ensure facility tasks are addressed
- Working on special and ongoing projects as needed
Ideal candidates must demonstrate the ability to relate to both internal and external audiences and manage multiple projects. Qualified candidates must have at least two years’ experience in an administrative or office setting. Retail and/or facilities maintenance experience preferred. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, as well as open and eager to learning new technology and POS software. Familiarity with Jewish traditions and culture is a plus. Regular schedule for this position is Sunday through Thursday. Work week is flexible; however, individual must be able to work Sundays. Apply online.
Senior Impact Assessment Specialist
The Senior Impact Assessment Specialist (SIAS) will be responsible for leading, managing and articulating the development and implementation of performance measures and impact assessment for The Associated and its system of agencies. This individual will evaluate the tools, trends and technology used in assessment in the non-profit sector. The SIAS will serve a key role in managing the upcoming demographic study of the Baltimore Jewish community and will work collaboratively with professional and volunteer leadership to identify opportunities for assessment and implement evaluations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional analytical skill and demonstrated expertise in the assessment profession.
- The ability to develop and manage strong relationships with leadership, volunteers, donors, professionals and other community stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience leading planning, evaluation, or policy analyses, as well as, applying a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques preferred.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience and advanced degree preferred.
- Thrive in a team environment and possess strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and passion for the mission of The Associated.
Apply online today.
Director of Israel and Jewish Advocacy
The Baltimore Jewish Council (BJC) is currently seeking a Director of Israel and Jewish Advocacy. This position, which will report to the Executive Director, will largely focus on a key element of the BJC’s mission: “to promote strong support for Israel and the Jewish people at home and throughout the world through education and action.” The candidate should be knowledgeable on Middle Eastern affairs and matters affecting Israel, with a deep attachment to Jewish life in general and Israel in particular. The candidate must have the ability to integrate the BJC’s efforts with other Israel support and advocacy groups in the region, including leading and coordinating the community on Israel-related matters and programming. The candidate should be prepared to motivate the community to participate in Israel-related programming and events. The position requires proven ability to work in a team setting – with members of the BJC professional staff, BJC lay leadership, The Associated and its agencies, and members of the community. In addition to Israel Advocacy, the position will be involved in helping to identify potential future leaders in the Jewish community and developing their leadership skills.
This is a fast-paced environment; the ideal candidate must possess strong time management skills. Candidate must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and experience with social media. Bachelor’s degree required. Qualified candidates will have at least 2 years of relevant experience to position. The Baltimore Jewish Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes along with a cover letter and salary requirement should be submitted via email.
Engagement Coordinator, The Bernstein Relational Engagement Program
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is seeking an individual to fill an immediate opening for an Engagement Coordinator for the Darrell Friedman Institute for Professional Development at the Weinberg Center (DFI). This position is part time and grant-funded for two years. The individual will serve as the initial point of contact to foster relationships between 6 synagogues and trainers who will deliver relational training and coaching. The coordinator will communicate with the synagogues and trainers to enable them to establish goals, measurements, and reporting. He/she will coordinate a variety of trainings and meetings, and other administrative duties related to marketing, outreach, communication and administration of funds.
As part of the DFI team, the Engagement Coordinator will help to build a community culture of relationship building and engagement. Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have strong relational skills, and organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through. Qualified candidates will have a college degree. Two or more years of related experience preferred. Familiarity with Jewish organizational culture and community is a plus. Apply online today.
Philanthropic Planning Senior Associate
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore has an immediate opening for a Philanthropic Planning Senior Associate. This individual will work closely with the Senior Vice President of Philanthropic Planning and Services to direct programs for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of legacy and donor-advised fund and foundation donors. Incumbent will successfully develop and implement annual and long-range plans for all aspects of donor development in close collaboration with Senior Vice President of Philanthropic Planning and Services, Board leadership and other key stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Training professional development staff on the fundamentals of planned giving and opportunities for deepening philanthropic planning opportunities for leaders and donors
- Developing and securing endowment commitments from younger donors, as well as, cultivating, soliciting and managing a portfolio of planned giving prospects, including donors and allied professionals
- Promoting planned giving through direct and indirect mediums (i.e. seminars, targeted mailers, etc.) and explore expansion opportunities for marketing online and through electronic communication
- Informing prospects of the basic elements of planned giving, as well as, working closely with donors and their professional advisors to help implement gift plans for maximum tax and philanthropic benefit
- Keeping up-to-date on planned giving techniques and changes affecting charitable giving, including attending planned giving seminars
- Coordinating and staffing related volunteer committees
- Master’s Degree, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ successful experience as endowment director or fundraising, Jewish Federation or related Jewish Agency preferred
- Understanding of planned giving legal instruments, as well as, experience working with Board leadership and volunteer committees
- Outstanding oral and written communication, as well as, strategic planning and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of The Associated
Interested candidates should apply online.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore seeks a positive, highly motivated and articulate Development Associate. The Development Associate will serve a vital part of the Campaign Department, creating and implementing campaign strategies while addressing daily coordination of fundraising efforts.
The individual in this position will be responsible for cultivating new donors, engaging volunteers and increasing campaign dollars through a variety of fundraising initiatives, programs and events. The Development Associate will monitor, analyze and evaluate campaign activity to determine strengths, weakness and opportunities for enhancement. It is vital for this individual to stay on top of advancements and changes that are pertinent to raising money within the community. Individual will also partner with The Associated’s Marketing Department to form effective marketing, communications and direct mailings.
The ideal candidate will have: superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of people; the ability to prioritize; organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through; strong collaborative and networking skills within a diverse community; and an ability to forge partnerships. Qualifications include: Bachelor's degree; minimum of three years' experience in a fundraising capacity, preferably in Jewish Communal work; and effective written and oral communication skills. Apply online today.
Director of Economic Services
High profile position responsible for managing the provision of career services, service coordination and financial support for large human service agency. Must be able to plan/manage human and financial resources, ensure seamless delivery of services, help to identify community needs and respond creatively/effectively. Will serve as a member of the Executive Team in dealing with overall agency management/development, working directly with the Executive Director, Directors, Managers, Board/Community leaders.
Master’s Degree in a relevant field is required. Significant management experience at the senior level in the delivery of human services (vocational and service coordination/case mgmt.) Demonstrated success in developing new funding/partnership opportunities. Experienced in preparing, analyzing and managing large, complex budgets. Must be able to professionally represent the Executive in all forms of communication (internally and externally) Knowledge and sensitivity to Jewish values and customs required. Send resume to: JCS, Attn: HR Specialist, 5750 Park Heights Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215 or Fax: 443-200-6108 or apply online.
Finance & HR Coordinator
Pearlstone Center seeks a Finance & HR Coordinator who will be responsible for a variety of key finance, HR and payroll-related tasks. The nature of these tasks is such that they are typically detailed, confidential, and deadline-intensive. This position requires significant skills and experience with financial and human resource activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Finance: Weekly invoice processing; Weekly/bi-weekly bank deposits; Monthly credit card statements/invoice processing; Manage petty cash; Facilitate annual audit
- Payroll: Bi-monthly timesheet submission; Manage/maintain/monitor leave time; Assist with annual benefit enrollment
- Human Resources: Screen candidates; On-board new hires; Process employee changes; Facilitate performance monitoring
- High School degree required; College degree a plus
- 3-5 years of experience working in an office as a manager or administrator, with extensive public contact
- HR-specific experience required; HR certification a plus
- Strong bookkeeping experience required
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Outlook
Marketing Manager of Development
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is looking for a Marketing Manager of Development to join our dynamic team. This position is responsible for both tactical and strategic initiatives for fundraising, legacy giving and community engagement.
The Marketing Manager will develop and execute marketing plans for development related programs, events and initiatives. This individual will:
- Serve as a liaison and consultant to the Associated campaign team
- Provide oversight on all printed collateral/advertising
- Create product concepts and bringing them to fruition
- Write and edit copy for advertising, brochures, postcards, blog posts, emails and newsletters
Skills and Requirements include:
- Minimum 7-10 years of in-depth experience in marketing, advertising or communications. Agency experience desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to interact with senior leadership and high level external contacts
- Problem solver and commitment to getting the job done
- Flexible mindset – willing to think differently, learn, and jump in and lead
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize a spectrum of needs and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to perform well in a collaborative environment
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the strategy, execution, analysis, and on-going optimization of The Associated’s digital presence. The position supports the organization’s overall strategic plans designed to drive fundraising and engagement. A successful candidate will play a critical role in planning and executing all web, SEO, email, social media and online fundraising campaigns.
An integral member of the Marketing team, this position reports to the VP of Marketing. This position requires a creative strategist and strong collaborator who embraces new technologies and has a proven track record of digital strategies that increase engagement and maximize revenue.
Qualified candidates will have 5+ years digital marketing experience. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies that advance our larger organizational marketing and communications goals
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Social Media Strategist to create innovative content and opportunities for engagement on our digital channels that will drive web traffic and improve ROI
- Responsible for the strategy, implementation and analysis of our email marketing, mobile strategies, PPC, SEO, display ads, social media marketing programs
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization’s website, updating and optimizing content, managing transactions and running reports
- Educate the marketing team on digital best practices including calls-to-action, testing, deployment, performance metrics and more
- Measure/analyze performance of all web activity as well as digital marketing programs; take action based on analysis; communicate results and action plans to stakeholders
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, vendors and partner agencies
Apply online today.
As Cook, under the supervision of the Executive Chef, the employee is responsible for assisting in: the quality preparation, presentation and serving of all food; ensuring timeliness and appropriate quantities; and the maintenance of a clean, sanitary, organized, safe and efficient kitchen environment. This position will require weekend hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of hands-on cooking experience and knowledge of kosher observance and Jewish style cooking
- Three years of experience preparing food in large quantities, for 50-250+ people
- Food service Sanitation Certificate (Serve Safe) issued by or accepted by the state of Maryland
- Experience in a hotel/retreat center a plus
- Abide by kosher laws
- Food procurement, receiving and storage
- Inventory management
- Food production
- Guest service
The Pearlstone Center, located in Reisterstown, is seeking a part-time/on-call Facility Associate to assist in the day to day operations at the Center. The two main areas of this position include food service and overall care and appearance of the facility including: meeting rooms, common areas, dining areas, kitchen, lodging rooms, bathrooms, and storage areas.
Candidate will be called upon to participate in catering services including table setting, serving, light kitchen prep and clean-up. Responsibilities will also entail housekeeping duties that include, but are not limited to, sanitizing and restocking bathrooms, vacuuming, window cleaning, and making beds.
Candidate must be extremely organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional customer service is a must. All candidates must have reliable transportation as no public transportation is nearby Center.
This position does not include benefits. Work schedule is as need and flexible, but will not exceed eighteen hours per week. One year of similar work experience is helpful, but not required and willingness to learn about the kosher food service industry. Apply here.
Assistant Director of SAFE: Stop Abuse of Elders
CHANA has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of SAFE: Stop Abuse of Elders, which seeks to prevent the incidence and mitigate the consequences of interpersonal violence perpetrated against older adults. This part-time position requires a mature individual with knowledge and experience in aging and interpersonal abuse; preferably both. The Assistant Director will provide support to the Director of SAFE in coordinating activities around elder abuse and assist with the design and implementation of strategic planning, participate in communal activities raising awareness and respond to callers seeking help.
The Assistant Director will serve a key role in CHANA’s team of professionals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of community response for Elder Abuse, as well as, meeting with stakeholders around ending violence toward seniors
- Collaborating with partners on the shelter component of the program
- Supporting the SAFE Director and CHANA Executive Director in presentations for stakeholders and funders
- Serve on local and statewide task forces around issues of elder abuse
- Assisting with submission of workshop and presentations to local and national conferences on elder abuse
- Gathering data for grant reports and applications
- Providing assistance with client assessment and senior shelter program
Qualified candidate will have at least 5 years in the field of advocacy, preferably around issues of abuse and violence and be able to work with a diverse group of people. This individual must be able to maintain the highest level confidentially, be receptive and accepting of guidance from others and have excellent communication skills. Knowledge of the Jewish culture and traditions is helpful. A Master’s Degree in social/human services or related field preferred. Salary commensurate with experience. Apply online today.
Director of Resident Services
Edgewood Management Corp. on behalf of Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. (CHAI), an agency of The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore currently seeks a dynamic and creative Director of Resident Services to oversee supportive services in CHAI’s 15 Weinberg Senior Living properties. This position requires reporting to both CHAI and Edgewood, supervising service providers and collaborating with partner agencies and building managers. The Director of Resident Services develops, implements and monitors programs that maximize independence, improve and maintain the quality of life of residents and support aging in community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective supervision, leadership, guidance and coaching to service professionals and support staff;
- Assess resident and staff needs and establish goals accordingly;
- Develop and maintain government and community partnerships;
- Collect data and prepare reports and presentations;
- Provide quality assurance and professional growth opportunities to supervisees;
- Design creative approaches to solving complex problems;
- Degree in a Human Service field such as: Social Work, Counseling or Gerontology or extensive experience with Service Coordination, Aging Services or other related field;
- Experience in effective program development, management and supervision;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and in writing;
- Knowledge of affordable housing is a plus.
Email resumes and questions to Cindy Zonies.
The Edward A. Myerberg Center, Baltimore City’s largest center providing wellness and education programs for older adults, is currently seeking a Program Coordinator. This individual will work closely with program managers, instructors, volunteers, senior management and the Board of Directors to ensure programmatic innovation and success. S/he will be able to successfully implement programs as determined by the incumbent and other key stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and Develop Program Content
- Provides strategic leadership to grow membership base, develop program offerings and services to adults addressing needs and interests of the community.
- Works with marketing to develop and implement marketing and external communications to address goals.
- Negotiates contracts for facility use to drive revenue and expand the reach of the Center’s programs.
- Provides support to committees of the Board, supervises program managers, sustains and expands partnerships with programming partners.
- Conducts evaluation of all programs and completes required NAPIS and CARE program counts and evaluations, in compliance with federal laws.
- Determines and implements course curriculum and special event planning.
- Collaborates with Executive Director in setting programmatic goals and fiduciary plans.
- Works with Executive Director and Director of Development in integrating donor/development priorities with program offerings and effectively communicate them with key stakeholders and audiences.
- Passionate commitment to the Center’s mission, vision, and values.
- Proven leadership, supervisory, organizational, and analytical skills, which promote innovation, collaboration, program development and management.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, as well as, budgeting, strategic planning and marketing skills.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and volunteer committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and e-mail; experience with Raiser's Edge preferred
Apply online today.