(updated January 18, 2013)
101 West Mt. Royal Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
>> by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> by fax to 410-837-1279
Housing Development Coordinator
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc.
Comprehensive Housing Assistance Inc. is currently seeking a part time Housing Development Coordinator. The Housing Development Coordinator will increase CHAI’s ability to develop and produce affordable housing for families, the elderly, and those with special needs in the General Services Area. The coordinator will work to secure funding sources and oversee the purchase and renovations of homes in the GSA for CHAI’s targeted housing groups. Candidate will have the ability to conduct feasibility studies, prepare applications for governmental grants, loans and subsidies and work with diverse populations in an innovative and tactful manner.
Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related housing field and at least two years in the housing development field. Strong written and verbal skills required and the ability to work with boards and lay leadership. Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirement to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5115501
Towson University Hillel
Towson University Hillel seeks a professional that will have a deep understanding of student engagement and have the ability to oversee the Student Life Division of Towson University Hillel. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Director is to build a strong, vibrant and self- sustaining Jewish presence on campus. He/she must be an analytical and strategic thinker equipped to facilitate the implementation of Hillel's long term strategies for increased Jewish student engagement, increased long term financial resources, and creation of opportunities for community involvement. He/she will have the ability to be a team player, take initiative and be committed to ongoing professional growth. The Assistant Director will be excited to tell the compelling stories that arise out of the positive Jewish experiences of Towson students. This position reports to the Executive Director.
• Support and implement Towson University Hillel’s strategic plan.
• Recruit, hire, train, coach and supervise a cohort of engagement and other interns as they develop and track meaningful relationships with fellow students.
• Engage students in Jewish conversations face to face, through social media and other creative means.
• Connect students to Jewish resources and opportunities in Baltimore and nationally and globally.
• Develop relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
Student Leadership Development and Engagement
• Identify existing and potential student leaders to advance Jewish life on campus.
• Develop training initiatives and strategies to develop strong student leaders.
• Advise the student executive board and other leadership groups and committees.
• Provide the Governing Board with a status report (e.g. student activities, issues and other relevant student related information) at each Governing Board meeting.
• Manage and staff immersive experiences including Alternative Spring Break, Jewish Heritage Tours and other international and domestic trips.
• Assist with developing and maintaining student family relations necessary to sustain and expand ongoing operations.
• Develop and nurture relationships with University personnel and partners in the Housing and Residence life, Greek community, offices within the Division of Student Affairs, and throughout campus.
• Identify and secure grants to support immersive experiences and Jewish campus life.
• Participate in development and other fundraising activities.
• Work to increase campus Taglit-Birthright Israel recruitment and Israel study abroad.
• Coordinate with the Israel Fellow to create strategies and track students who are participating in Israel experiences.
• Develop Taglit-Birthright Israel Follow-Through Plans.
• Supervise, delegate and participate in Shabbat and holiday celebrations and encourage and promote a pluralistic approach to religious expression through Shabbat and holiday observances on campus, including the High Holidays.
• Serve as an informal educator for students on Jewish issues, observance, cultural practices, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in social work, management, public administration, Jewish communal leadership, or a related field.
• Ability to constructively participate in implementing a strategy for continued Jewish engagement and increase long-term resources in alignment with long term organizational vision.
• Proven track record and willingness to cultivate and build professional networks to support Jewish campus life.
• Proven ability to think and work analytically, independently and proactively. Must have experience in acting strategically in order to reach clear goals.
• Demonstrated leadership in supervising peer engagement interns or similar initiatives.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in grant writing and program evaluation.
• Experience with students and proven ability to relate to their concerns and developmental stage.
• An extensive knowledge of Jewish practices and literacy. Willingness to work in a pluralistic Jewish environment.
• Should work well in a collaborative, collegial and informal setting.
• Must be willing to work on weekend and evening hours.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally for Hillel.
• Knowledge and demonstrated abilities with: MS office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and possess social media capabilities.
Salary is competitive with a comprehensive benefits package.
Please apply at www.hilleljobs.com by clicking on “Current Openings.”
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants should include a resume, cover letter, and three references as one document. Please upload this document as a word or PDF file. When you upload the document, the system will create an unformatted version of your resume as a snapshot in your application. The formatted version of your resume will also be attached to your application, and will be used during the hiring process.
Director, Jewish Educational Engagement
Center for Jewish Education (CJE)
The Center for Jewish Education (CJE) is seeking a full-time Director of Jewish Educational Engagement to design and implement creative and content-rich Jewish education programs for people who identify as Jews in the Baltimore City/County catchment area. Responsibilities include: supervision of CJE staff, providing Jewish education consultation to professionals in other agencies, facilitating understanding regarding the importance of the Jewish educational engagement agenda, designing and facilitating adult engagement agenda, monitoring the evaluation process of engaging families and developing and implementing programming that appeals to a broad constituency of families with young children.
Candidate should have a Masters or equivalent in Jewish Education. Candidate will have background and experience in program design and implementation and/or classroom teaching, knowledge of child development and family education as well as experience working with all ages and stages, supervision experience and comfort with Hebrew (written and spoken).
Resumes along with a cover letter should be sent to: email@example.com, mailed to The Center for Jewish Education, 5750 Park Heights Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215, Attn: Leah Margolis or faxed to: (410) 735-5002. No phone calls please. EOE.
The Pearlstone Center seeks a dynamic Executive Chef for our non-profit Jewish retreat center’s commercial kitchen. Under the supervision of our Hospitality Director, the Executive Chef will be responsible for all phases of foodservice, including but not limited to: menu development, food purchasing and inventory, supervision of kitchen staff, management of foodservice budget, monitoring customer satisfaction, promoting consistency in food, allergy and special menu preparations and abiding by federal, state, local food sanitation regulations. Qualified candidates will create delicious inspiring food within a kosher kitchen committed to health and sustainability. Strong candidates will have experience planning menus and cooking with fresh local organic products.
Qualified candidate must have the ability to supervise other chefs and work well with a diverse and unique employee population. Bachelor’s degree, at least five years of related experience and supervisory skills are requested. Interested candidate should submit cover letter and resume to The Pearlstone Center, 5425 Mt. Gilead Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136 or firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.
Summer Service Camp Senior Counselor
Jewish Volunteer Connection
Jewish Volunteer Connection, a program of THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is actively seeking a Part-Time Summer Service Camp Senior Counselor.
The senior counselor will work with both elementary school and high school aged campers in a service camp environment. Appropriate candidates will be responsible for supervision of campers, oversee junior camp counselor(s), and ensure that all program supplies are ready. The senior counselor will also serve as the liaison between JVC staff and the service agencies where campers volunteer. Senior counselor will communicate with JVC staff on a daily basis. As a role model, it is expected that senior counselor must actively participate at each project site. Additionally, the service camp staff will be responsible for adapting and implementing a service learning curriculum and should be comfortable speaking about Jewish values. Knowledge of the Jewish Community is a plus. Access to transportation is required. Senior counselor must have a bachelor’s degree (at the time of employment) and experience working with teens. **Camp will run July 15-19th, July 22-26th, July 29-August 2nd, and August 12-16, 2013. Camp hours are from 8:30am-4:00pm. Additional time will be required and staff will be compensated.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to: Human Resources, THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore. 101 W. Mt. Royal Ave. Baltimore, MD 21201. Or fax resume to 410.837.1279, preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4444221 EOE
Summer Service Camp Junior Counselor
Jewish Volunteer Connection
Jewish Volunteer Connection, a program of THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is actively seeking Part-Time Summer Service Camp Junior Counselors. The junior counselor will work with both elementary school and high school aged campers in a service camp environment. The junior counselor is/are responsible for overseeing campers during week long summer service camp experiences and for ensuring that all program supplies are ready. As a role model, it is expected that staff must actively participate at each project site. Additionally, the service camp counselor will support the implementation of a service learning curriculum and should be comfortable speaking about Jewish values. Knowledge of the Jewish Community is a plus. Access to transportation is required. Junior staff must have a high school diploma at the time of employment. ** Camp will run the week of August 12-16, 2013. Camp hours are from 8:30am-4:00pm. Additional time will be required and staff will be compensated.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to: Human Resources, THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore. 101 W. Mt. Royal Ave. Baltimore, MD 21201. Or fax resume to 410.837.1279 or preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4444281 EOE
Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. (CHAI)
Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. (CHAI) of Baltimore is currently seeking a Homeownership Coordinator. Candidate will provide a range of homeownership services to potential homebuyers in the northwest neighborhoods of Park Heights Avenue in Baltimore City. Candidate will provide homebuyers with pre-purchase education and counseling; referrals to community and agency resources; screen homebuyers for income and eligibility of secondary financing; work in tandem with Baltimore City, State of Maryland and local non-profits to promote lending programs; maintenance of homebuyer workshop participants and counseling clients databases; building relationships with realtors, lenders and underwriter in CHAI’s General Services Area.
Qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in a related housing field. Familiarity with the Northwest Baltimore neighborhood, real estate and Jewish culture and traditions is helpful, but not required. Nights and weekends will be required.
To apply submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, 101 W. Mt. Royal Ave. Baltimore, MD 21201 or fax to (410) 837-1279 or preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4431081. EOE
Maryland/Israel Development Center
The Maryland/Israel Development Center has an immediate opening for an experienced part time (50%) Administrative Assistant who possesses strong communication skills to handle the telephone, coordinates meetings, prepare correspondence and organize files. This individual will be responsible for opening and processing all mail and assist in implementing promotional programs, trade missions, and trade shows.
Candidate must be extremely organized and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy. Attention to detail is a must. Familiarity with Jewish culture, traditions and values or willingness to learn is a plus. All candidates must have strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and database management.
Resumes along with a cover letter and salary requirements should be sent to: THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, Human Resources Department, 101 West Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, fax to: 410-837-1279 or preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4416261 EOE
Signature Programs Coordinator
Pearlstone Center seeks a passionate, talented individual to fill the position of Signature Programs Coordinator. Pearlstone Center is a dynamic and multi-faceted non-profit organization that includes retreat and conference facilities, a 6-acre organic farm, and nationally renowned Jewish environmental programming. The Signature Programs Coordinator is a vital member of Pearlstone’s program team and is primarily responsible for developing, planning, promoting, facilitating, and evaluating all signature programs. He/she will be supervised by the Program Director.
The Signature Programs Coordinator interacts with thousands of program participants of all ages and backgrounds. He/she is responsible for developing high-impact immersive programming, weekend retreats, and conferences throughout the year. Our signature programs currently include: the Beit Midrash, Family Farm Camp, Teacher Training Conference, and Sukkot Retreat. In addition to these well-established signature programs, there are also several others in development.
The signature programs coordinator must have the ability to wear many hats, including education, event coordination, marketing support, and retreat management. Applicants must have a passion for creating meaningful Jewish experiences, which foster learning, community-building, and spiritual growth. Applicants will benefit from experience in formal and/or informal Jewish education and a creative programmatic capacity. Proficient writing and verbal communication skills, a high level of organization and timeliness, and attention to detail are vital qualifications of the applicant. Teamwork and a collaborative approach are both necessary.
Applicants should have at minimum a bachelor’s degree, Starting salary commensurate with experience; health insurance and other benefits included. The successful candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to the greater Baltimore area. Applications due by April,1 2013. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to: Pearlstone Center, 5425 Mt. Gilead Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136 or email@example.com.
Human Resources Internship
This internship will provide practical job related experience to a college student who has interest in Human Resources (or related) field with an interest in working in the non-profit arena. This internship will take place in the spring and fall semesters.
Human Resources Internship
Due to our steady growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a student intern to assist the Human Resources team in the Baltimore area. The student may work up to 15 hours per week during the spring and fall semesters. Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the Human Resources arena. If interested please send a copy of your resume to Allyson Fisher, HR Recruiter via fax at 410-837-1279, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, 101 W. Mt. Royal Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. EOE