(updated December 5, 2013)
101 West Mt. Royal Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
>> by email to: email@example.com
>> by fax to 410-837-1279
Finance and Human Resources Coordinator
The Pearlstone Center is currently seeking an experienced part time (60% work level) Finance & Human Resources Coordinator. This individual will coordinate front office functions, staff communications, and employee orientation. Assist in the collection of new hire paperwork, employee changes and timesheet collection as well as be responsible for bank deposits, general bookkeeping functions. Individual will act as the primary liaison between Pearlstone and The Associated for all Human Resources, Finance and IT needs. Administrative duties will include maintaining filing systems, preparing correspondence and improving overall coordination of internal operations.
Qualified candidates must have at least 3-5 years of experience working as an office manager or administrator. Candidate must be extremely organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy. Attention to detail is a must. All candidates must have strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
Resumes along with a cover letter and salary requirements should be sent to: The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, Human Resources Department, 101 West Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, fax to: 410-837-1279 or Preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7488921 EOE
Integrated Sustainability Apprenticeship 2014
The Pearlstone Center, in Reisterstown, MD, seeks passionate and talented individuals to fill multiple positions as Integrated Sustainability Apprentices beginning March, 2014. The Pearlstone Center is a dynamic and multi-faceted non-profit organization that includes retreat and conference facilities, a 5-acre organic farm, and nationally renowned Jewish environmental programming which is largely centered on the educational farm. Apprentices are vital members of the Pearlstone team helping us reach our goals in a number of areas within the organization. Apprentices live on site for eight months in a communal environment. Throughout the growing season, apprentices work on the farm stewarding the annual and perennial crops as well as caring for farm animals. Apprentices assist in and lead educational programs, work in the kosher kitchen and assist in general maintenance. Apprentices also participate in learning sessions on a variety of topics.
Farm and or educational experience not necessary, just a passion for land based learning, community and values. Interested candidates should visit the Pearlstone Center website to learn more about the program, goals and how to apply. http://pearlstonecenter.org/apprenticeship/
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, a large Baltimore non-profit, is looking for a multi-talented individual capable of managing a variety of aspects of marketing and communications for our organization’s internal departments or local agency clients.
The ideal candidate will be a resourceful, self-motivated individual with creative energy who has the willingness and ability to work in a high-speed environment. Writing capabilities and experience with social media are important as well. Candidate should be a quick study with the ability to apply new knowledge appropriately. At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in marketing or a related field and a Bachelor's degree are required. Familiarity with the Baltimore Jewish community and non-profit marketing experience is a plus.
Responsibilities will include: management of marketing for multiple clients at one time, creating and implementing strategic marketing plans, overseeing marketing budgets, trafficking the production of print and e-communciations projects, placing print advertising, writing to include speeches, articles, press releases, website content and calendar listings, working as a liaison with a range of professional clients and volunteer leadership, executing public relations and social media campaigns and more. Come join our team of creative professionals!
For consideration, send your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirement to: The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, 101 W. Mt. Royal Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201 or fax resumes to 410.837.1279 or preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7239641 EOE
Israel Engagement Coordinator
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is currently seeking a part time (12 hours per week) Israel Engagement Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will be responsible for the marketing, recruitment and oversight of The Associated’s Israel engagement programs – Onward Israel and Masa. The Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Israel and Overseas to develop and implement a strategic marketing and recruitment plan for the Israel experience programs, with the goal of enrolling 80-100 young adults in these programs annually. The Coordinator will oversee the registration process and pre-program planning, including: the application process, providing guidance to applicants as needed, scheduling and conducting interviews in concert with representatives of the Israel Engagement Center Committee, building a participant waitlist, and planning program orientation sessions. The Coordinator will also liaise with the Onward Israel and Masa program staff at the Jewish Agency for Israel, as appropriate.
Qualified candidates will have a knowledge and passion for Israel and related issues. The ability to build effective and meaningful relationships with program participants, volunteers, donors and staff. Strong written and oral communications along with organizational planning skills required. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, 101 W. Mt. Royal Ave., Baltimore, MD 21201 or fax 410-837-1279 or preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7263911 EOE
Diller Teen Fellows Part-Time Teen Staff
Jewish Volunteer Connection
Jewish Volunteer Connection of The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore is actively seeking Part-Time Teen Staff for the Baltimore Diller Teen Fellows program. The Part-Time Teen Staffers are responsible for the supervision of participants during the program, ensuring all program supplies are ready and serve as the primary point of contact for parents of the Baltimore Diller Teen Fellow participants. Teen Staffer will act as the liaison between Diller Teen Fellows coordinator and program participants. Schedule is very flexible but candidate should be available to work from two to eight hours weekly. Knowledge of the Jewish Community is a plus. Access to transportation and intermediate computer skills are required.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to: The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore. 101 W. Mt. Royal Ave. Baltimore, MD 21201. Or fax resume to 410.837.1279. Preferably: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7226101 EOE
The Pearlstone Center seeks a dynamic Animal Manager to join our farm team. The Pearlstone Center includes an educational farm which is currently home to a 100-bird flock of heritage-breed laying hens, seven educational dairy goats and five ducks. The animal manager is responsible for day-to-day management of livestock operations, infrastructure and products; supervision and training of apprentices and volunteers; support and participation in animal education programs and serving as a member of the farm team. Farm team members follow the farm seasonal schedule, attend weekly farm meetings and assist with CSA, farmers markets, and some educational programs.
The successful candidate will have a flexible and positive attitude as well as knowledge of, and experience in:
• Animal husbandry particularly regarding goats and chickens
• Compliance with state poultry and livestock regulations and good sanitation standards and practices
• Sustainable pasture optimization and rotational grazing methods
• Planning, purchasing and maintaining inventory of feed and supplies
• Efficient project planning and budgeting skills
• Supervising, training and managing volunteers and apprentices
• Effective and professional communication skills
Competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, and housing. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to The Pearlstone Center, 5425 Mt. Gilead Road, Reisterstown, MD, 21136 or firstname.lastname@example.org . NO phone calls. EOE.
The Pearlstone Center, in Reisterstown, MD, seeks a passionate, talented individual to fill the position of Apprenticeship Coordinator. The Pearlstone Center is a dynamic and multi-faceted non-profit organization that includes retreat and conference facilities, a 5-acre organic farm, and nationally renowned Jewish environmental programming, largely centered around the educational farm. The Apprenticeship Coordinator is a vital member of Pearlstone’s program team and is primarily responsible for developing, planning, promoting, facilitating, and evaluating Pearlstone’s Integrated Sustainability Apprenticeship. He/she will be supervised by the Program Director.
The Apprenticeship Coordinator serves as supervisor and program leader for a core cohort of apprentices, guiding them through a seasonal journey of on-site community living, dedicated work on the farm, programming, and retreat, and inspiring educational opportunities. Due to the complex role of apprentices as both employees and program participants, the apprenticeship coordinator must communicate apprenticeship expectations clearly and maintain accountability for the benefit of all involved parties. The apprenticeship coordinator manages the apprenticeship program calendar through careful and timely communication with other staff from the program, farm, and retreat departments.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
• Informal Jewish education (preferably nature-based education)
• Supervision and problem-solving
• Non-violent communication
• Management of community dynamics/intentional community
• Time management & organizational systems
• Innovative program development and implementation
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Teamwork and community building
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with program director to create, revise, and evaluate the goals, strategic objectives, and measurable outcomes of the apprenticeship program
• Recruit, interview, and market the apprenticeship program; hiring apprentices is the joint task of the apprenticeship coordinator and program director
• Develop marketing material and outreach strategy for apprenticeship
• Oversee all communication with apprentices prior to the start of the program, including ensuring that all paperwork and application materials are submitted
• Develop and manage apprenticeship schedule, in collaboration and consideration of integrated nature of the apprenticeship
• Develop and oversee programmatic components of the apprenticeship, including but not limited to: Jewish learning, agricultural learning, morning practice, skill share, and community building
• Develop and manage apprenticeship budget, to be approved by Program Director and Executive Director
• Collaborate with Program Director to develop and implement evaluation instruments for apprenticeship, measuring their impact and efficacy
• Create and oversee a recurring structure for apprenticeship feedback and program evaluation
Competitive salary and benefits package
Send resume and letter of interest to Morris Panitz, The Pearlstone Center, 5425 Mt. Gilead Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136, or email@example.com. NO phone calls. Pearlstone is an equal opportunity employer.
The Pearlstone Center, located in Reisterstown, Maryland, is in search of a dynamic field manager to join our farm team. Pearlstone produces annual crops for a 40-member CSA, small markets, wholesale and restaurant sales as well as perennial crops and animal based products. The Field Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the annuals component of Pearlstone’s farm operations, including running the CSA, managing both production and educational crops, and the supervision and training of apprentices and volunteers. The Field Manager serves as a member of the farm team following the farm seasonal schedule, attending weekly farm meetings and assisting with markets, wholesale deliveries and some educational programs.
The successful candidate will have:
• At least two seasons of sustainable vegetable production experience.
• A safe track record operating vehicles and power equipment such as tractors, tillers and mowers.
• Established experience in supervising, training and managing staff and volunteers
• A basic understanding of cover cropping, crop rotation and tilth building.
• A professional and customer service oriented attitude toward farm business
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Implement the annuals component of the Pearlstone Center farm plan as developed in conjunction with farm director and Farm committee
• Meet the morning work crew and manage farm labor including training and supervising volunteers.
• Oversee and implement the CSA program; including recruiting members, communications, planning the season, organizing weekly harvest and deliveries, and maintaining a professional Pearlstone presence at drop sites.
• Maintain farm records including harvest records, seeding records, variety and location documentation.
• Implement cover crop and crop rotation plans as developed in conjunction with farm director.
• Ensure all farm participants take appropriate safety precautions for the tasks they are performing while creating an atmosphere of excitement and enthusiastic participation for all comers.
• Lead the collaboration with program coordinator and volunteer coordinator to identify ideal tasks for educational and volunteer participants.
• Participate in implementation of farm budget.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Send resume and letter of interest to Josh Rosenstein, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Pearlstone Center seeks an energetic, hard-working individual to fill the position of Housekeeper. Pearlstone is a dynamic and multi-faceted retreat center with conference facilities and overnight accommodations. The Housekeeper cleans guest rooms, bathrooms and other common guest areas as necessary to retreat center standards of cleanliness. At times s/he must work quickly without sacrificing quality in order to prepare specific rooms for incoming guests. S/he must work effectively independently as well as be able to supervise a crew of cleaning staff in order to turn over a high volume in a short timeframe. S/he must possess a solid work ethic with strong organizational and time-management skills, excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. The retreat center is not close to public transportation so a personal vehicle will be necessary.
Prior experience required, preferably in a hotel, retreat center or other commercial setting. This is a full-time, 40 hours/week position with benefits package. Must be flexible to work weekends. Interested candidates should submit a resume to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6312981 or fax to (410) 837-1279.
Human Resources Internship
This internship will provide practical job related experience to a college student who has interest in Human Resources (or related) field with an interest in working in the non-profit arena. This internship will take place in the spring and fall semesters.
Human Resources Internship
Due to our steady growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a student intern to assist the Human Resources team in the Baltimore area. The student may work up to 15 hours per week during the spring and fall semesters. Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the Human Resources arena. If interested please send a copy of your resume to Allyson Fisher, HR Recruiter via fax at 410-837-1279, e-mail email@example.com or mail to:
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, 101 W. Mt. Royal Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. EOE