Learn about the Jewish roots of social justice with Students Taking Action for Change (STAC).
STAC Fellows work together with local and state legislators and the Baltimore Jewish Council to create change in the community.
- Nine-month program: August 2016-May 2017
- Opening retreat
- Monthly Sunday evening seminars
- Social event
- Participation in Baltimore Jewish Community Advocacy Day in Annapolis
- Lobbying day in Washington, D.C.
During the program the Fellows will learn:
- Procedure for creating change at the local, state and federal levels
- Public speaking
- Grassroots organizing
- How to write a one-pager and committee testimony
- Role of lobbyists
- Use of social media in advocating bills
- How to advocate for a bill
For more information, email Julie Hollander or call 410-843-7491.