Teen Giving Initiative (TGI) enables teens to gain fundraising skills and experience while helping them learn about the structure of non-profit organizations.
The fellows raise money through individual and group fundraisers for causes they care about and then allocate the money to nonprofit organizations through a grant process.
- Nine-month program: August 2016-May 2017
- Opening retreat
- Monthly seminars on Sunday evenings
- Social event
- Planning and implementing individual and group fundraisers including a phone-a-thon
- Allocating the money raised through grants
During the program the Fellows will learn:
- Public speaking
- Group decision-making
- How to plan a fundraiser
- Solicitation skills
- How to allocate money through a grant process
For more information, email Sara Feldman or call 410-843-7480.